2007-09-19

Collingwood fined

From the department of the-Gatting-precendent-means-he-should-be-sacked:
England captain Paul Collingwood has been fined £1000 after admitting drinking at a lap-dancing bar in Cape Town on Saturday, the night before England's crucial Super Eight match against South Africa. He was handed the fine by a panel that included England coach Peter Moores, chairman of selectors David Graveney and ECB chief executive David Collier.

"Paul Collingwood has been levied with a suitable fine," a terse ECB media release said. "The matter is now closed."

"It's obviously unacceptable," Collingwood admitted. "I'm England captain and going to these places isn't the thing to do. You learn from these lessons and hopefully it won't happen again."

2 comments:

Ron said...

SACK HIM! He is the best player we (sorry they) have.
I promise not to allude to drunken Australian politicians - and I don't mean Les Patterson.

Ron said...

I REPENT - I SAID I WOULDN'T