The reality is that I merely have an agenda to expose and propagate facts. I consider myself part of the "reality-based community" who make decisions based upon careful analysis and who wish to see that the entire world - not just America - learns from its mistakes.
But, with Thanksgiving still being celebrated, I wish to now make my own list of real, objective, reality-based thanks to God for creating America.
- I thank God for America because it was the first modern democracy, and established a constitution worth keeping and imitating.
- I thank God for all the technological and scientific and medical breakthroughs that have taken place within America, which have benefited the entire world.
- I thank God that America has a system of justice and laws that, while not perfect, has shown the world the importance and benefit of the Rule of Law.
- I thank God that the system of checks and balances within American politics has made government easier to manage, and is worthy of imitation around the world.
- I thank God for the opportunities that people have to improve themselves and to be rewarded for the hard work they do.
- I thank God for the Americans I speak to over the internet who have shown themselves to be intelligent, wise, humble and enlightened.
- I thank God for the men and women of the US military, who are willing to put their lives on the line for their country - an attitude worth imitating.
- I thank God for the American soldiers of World War II, who were able to bring peace to Europe and peace to the Pacific - the latter bringing relief to the people of Australia.
- I thank God for the American space program, which shows how far humans can go when given the opportunity and technology.
- I thank God that America kept the world at peace during the Cold War, and who employed men to look after nuclear weapons safely and responsibly during that period.
- I thank God for American Christians, who have shown their willingness to keep faith and doctrine pure and who have a genuine fervour to see the world won for Christ.
- I thank God for America's religious freedom, which allows the church to grow without being persecuted by the state.
- I thank God for America's migrants, who have been able to make America into a land where differences can be celebrated.
- I thank God for America's civil war, which shows how much Americans are willing to sacrifice in order to ensure freedom in their own land.
- I thank God for America's internal dissent, which allows people to air their opinions without fear of being jailed by the state.
- I thank God for America's emphasis upon personal responsibility, which encourages all peoples around the world to make their own decisions based upon their beliefs.
- I thank God for America's vast economic wealth which has improved the lives of its citizens immeasurably, and which acts as an example for the world to follow.
- I thank God that America will continue to be an example to the world throughout the 21st century