2008-11-12

Munchausen



John Neville as Baron Munchausen

I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious
.



Sting plays a soldier who is executed for being too brave.

This sort of behaviour is demoralizing for the ordinary soldiers and citizens who are trying to lead normal, simple, unexceptional lives. I think things are difficult enough as it is without these emotional people rocking the boat.



Eunuchs singing at the Sultan's palace.

Cut off in my prime... and surrounded by beautiful women... A eunuch's life is hard...



Berthold (Eric Idle) chases after a bullet heading for the Baron.

Is there a Doctor in the Fish?



The King of the Moon (Robin Williams) turns into a lunatic.

I'm back! I got lips again and I'm gonna use 'em, baby!



The Queen of the Moon (Valentina Cortese) rescues the Baron, Sally and Berthold from prison

If he discovers my head's with you - ooh! Quickly, quickly. Quickly! Climb into my hair.



Venus (Uma Thurman) arrives in spectacular style.

I am a goddess! I can do what I like!



Vulcan (Oliver Reed), Venus' husband.

And I am The God, so shut up!



The Baron finally succumbs to death.

...and that was only one of the many occasions on which I met my death. An experience I don't hesitate strongly to recommend.

The Adventures of Baron Munchausen.

2 comments:

Ron said...

For some reason I missed it. But 1989 was our world trip. I did see some of the 1943 version - a program on Germany's WW2 film industry. Was pretty spectacularly I remember Baron's trip on a cannonball.
Would like to see their WW2 version of Fred the Great. They spent a lot on such films at time when their war industry was flat chat.

Must get 1985 Brazil video out

alib16 said...

This is the perfect blog for anyone who wants to know about this topic. You know so much its almost hard to argue with you (not that I really would want...HaHa). You definitely put a new spin on a subject thats been written about for years. Great stuff, just great! Indonesia holiday