- Doubt expressed over whether this is another political appointee.
- Doubt expressed over whether Miers is qualified.
- An outpouring of support by Evangelicals, including Al Mohler.
- Doubts expressed by Moderate Republicans.
- Dick Cheney says he likes Miers.
- An even greater dip in the polls for George Bush.
What have I got wrong?
Well, so far nothing. What I didn't expect was the majority of Republicans - moderates as well as mainstream - being exceptionally unhappy with the nomination.
All that's left in my prophecy is Bush retracting the nomination and failing to apologise for it.
From the One Salient Overlord Department
© 2005 Neil McKenzie Cameron, http://one-salient-oversight.blogspot.com/
Frequently Asked Questions about the author
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.