2005-07-29

Billy Graham "will repent on death bed"



Billy Graham, perhaps the most successful English-speaking evangelist of the 20th century, has stated that he will not accept Jesus as his Lord and saviour until he is lying on his death bed. "There is still so much in life I want to enjoy" the 86 year-old evangelist said "Being a Christian means I won't be able to have much fun or freedom, and I think I want that first before I accept Jesus into my heart."

Graham, whose ministry has blessed millions and who has had private audiences with Presidents and Prime Ministers the world over, admits that he believes that the Bible is right. "Yes I'm a sinner" he said "And I do need my sins forgiven. I believe all that. It's just that I want to wait until a more appropriate time. I have my retirement to plan, my grandkids to raise... God just isn't on my priority list"

The son of a dairy farmer and the grandson of a Confederate soldier, Billy Graham came into international prominence during the early 1950s. His Bible-thumping gospel preaching was an instant hit and he drew massive crowds to evangelistic events. Despite being ridiculed by the mainstream church, Graham preached a simple and straightforward message that led to many coming to Christ and becoming part of the church.

"My life has been quite successful, I'll give you that" Graham stated "But I still have many more years I want to enjoy. When God finally decides that my number's up, I'll make a prayer of commitment then. It's the only option I have available."

From the Department of Attempted Humour



© 2005 Neil McKenzie Cameron, http://one-salient-oversight.blogspot.com/
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs License.
To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nd/2.5/ or send a letter to Creative Commons, 559 Nathan Abbott Way, Stanford, California 94305, USA.

You are free:
* To copy, distribute, display and perform this work.
* To make commercial use of this work.
Under the following conditions:
* By attribution. You must give the original author credit.
* No derivative works. You may not alter, transform or build upon the work.
* For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work.
Any of these conditions can be waived if you get permission from the author.
Additional copyright information from the author:
* You may remove the "Department name" from the text when copying.
* You may Americanise any minor spelling (eg Humour, Humor).

No comments: