I walked past a bookshop a little while ago and picked up THE BOOK, turned to the last page and read the final two sentences which I duly memorised. I will now provide those two sentences, mingled amidst a bunch of false ones:
- "I do!" said Hermione, and they kissed. The crowd cheered.
- "Is he gone?", Lily asked. "For good", said James as he held his son tight.
- Harry's scar had not hurt in nineteen years. All was well.
- Harry placed the textbook on the table and looked around his new office. "Well", he said, "I'm back".
- "You're not going to believe this!" yelled Fred, "He's been made minister for magic!". They laughed.
- He walked away from the locked gates. No one would go there again.
- It was then that he realised that he was lying in a bed under a staircase. It had all been a dream.
- And he will turn the hearts of fathers to their children and the hearts of children to their fathers, lest I come and strike the land with a decree of utter destruction.