- On 9/11, thousands of Americans were killed by Terrorists.
- In New Orleans, thousands of Americans were killed by the Hurricane (I am hoping that I will be proved wrong in this assertion)
- On 9/11, two large office buildings were destroyed.
- In New Orleans, at least 50% of all the buildings have been destroyed (conservative guestimate on my part)
- On 9/11, the majority of New Yorkers were able to sleep at home that night and go to work the following day.
- Hundreds of thousands of refugees from New Orleans are sleeping in cars, tents and shelters. Many of them have lost their homes. None of these people are likely to have employment for months.
- The clean-up in New York took months, but was confined to a small area.
- The clean-up in New Orleans will take months as well, but at least 50% of the city will have to be rebuilt from the ground up.
- While another terrorist attack identical to 9/11 is possible, it is probably very unlikely to occur in New York again.
- There is always the possibility of another hurricane to devestate the area. Who knows? New Orleans may be damaged again by a hurricane within the next month.
From the Department of Wha's Happnin?
© 2005 Neil McKenzie Cameron, http://one-salient-oversight.blogspot.com/
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 License.