I've been planning this for months and finally this morning I made the decision to make it. Here's the recipe:
- ¼ cup Rice (Basmati... though long grain would work)
- ¼ cup Red Lentils
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Place all ingredients into small saucepan. Stir.
- Place on stove at high heat until you see the beginnings of boiling.
- Put stove setting on low.
- Place lid on saucepan.
- Wait 10-12 minutes while it slow cooks.
- Cooking a hot rice breakfast may sound weird but rice is a cereal and cereal is a good food to eat at breakfast.
- There is very little fat in this meal.
- The rice provides lots of complex carbohydrate while the lentils provide protein. Both are high in fibre.
- The amounts listed above are enough (probably more than enough) for one person. If you wish to cook for more than one person, simply multiply the amounts.
- Measurements in metric. 1 cup = 250ml.
- Other lentils may take longer to cook, so I suggest you stick with the red ones.